Thursday 17 October 2013

Previously, on Workshop 63...

I know I'm starting this blog quite a bit after the start of Workshop, so I'll make it up to you by doing a quick recap.

A week after arriving in Israel, we received our Kvutsot (co-workers). I was put in Kvutsa 3, which I was glad about because I was with a bunch of people I befriended from MBI bus 12. The first week was in Jerusalem, where we toured around. It is an amazing city. The thing everyone noticed first was how polite everyone was, and with the exorbitant allowance we got we could do/buy anything we wanted. Once we received our Kvutsot, we bussed to Kibutz Chadar Ochell, to have peulot (arguments) and do lots of avodah (farming).

Now let me say something about the food: they should call it PORKshop, 'cause of the sheer volume of meat we are getting! (No actual pork, it's a Jewish nation, remember). They call it the land of milk and honey, but its more like the land of steak and turkey! Many Workshoppers are taking advantage of the protein surplus, and starting work-out routines.

The weather is hot and dry. This has been true every day, and will be true for every future day.

Of course, there is plenty more to say, but that's enough for now. I hope to upload some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment